Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees eligibilty for an UK Resident living abroad, returning to Scotland

As a British national, born in Hong Kong, my daughter will complete her GCEs next year. We plan to return to the UK for September 2016, for sixth form college in Scotland. If she takes a year off after A levels, would she be eligible for Scottish home undergraduate university fees by September 2019? Her Father is Scottish.
Answered by Alison Patterson
You would need to show that the family residence was in Scotland as attending school is not in itself evidence of residence in a country.

Please read the information on the SAAS website at:

I think everything is covered in the PDF document. If not, you should contact SAAS direct at:

As I think you realise, the general rule is that one should have been resident in Scotland for the three years prior to starting university there in order to qualify for Scottish fees and funding.

You can also read general information regarding fees and funding, and attending university in Scotland here: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/university-tu.../

I hope this helps.

Similar questions