Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Army credits for university fees

My son has recently left the army having served for 10 and a half years. He is interested in becoming a paramedic and has credits from the army to put towards education. Can these be used to fund a degree?
Answered by Alison Patterson
We are not experts here. I believe the scheme you are referring to is:

I suggest your son contacts the university he is interested in attending and asks the question direct. He should try to speak to someone in student services or student finance. (He can ring a few different universities, of course.)

The NHS site on paramedic careers is at:

The NHS site says "Students on full-time courses in paramedic science do not attract financial support through the NHS Bursary Scheme. However, in some cases there may be local funding arrangements between the NHS and some universities, so you are advised to contact universities directly to enquire about these."

I presume your son is familiar with:

I hope everything works out well.

Similar questions