Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Can I transfer credits from an Australian uni to a UK uni?

Hi, I am from Scotland and have been studying here in Australia for my psychology degree. I have just 3 units to complete but need to come home. I want to know how to apply for courses to finish my degree at a UK university. How can I check if the units I have are valid and recognised at UK universities?
Hi there,

I wish we could give you a definitive answer but each situation is unique. Ultimately it would be up to universities in the UK whether they would have you transfer your credits from Australia and pick up where you left off over here. It would be worth contacting universities you have in mind to see if they would consider your situation before going through a process called Credit Transfer - the formal process for people applying in this scenario. This can be done via UCAS or by directly applying to the uni.

Similar questions