Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Tuition fees for the child of a returning Scottish national

I'm a UK national originally from Scotland, living in New Zealand. I'm considering returning to Europe and I was wondering if my son (UK passport holder) attended his last 3 years of school in the EU (Spain, Italy or France), would he then then eligible for free university tuition in Scotland?
Answered by Cicely Oliver
At present qualifying students from the EU are eligible for the full support package (tuition fees, loan, bursary and living-cost grants) in Scotland. However, the situation may change in the future! Check out our advice on studying in Scotland (www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/university-tu.../), and visit the SAAS site at www.saas.gov.uk/ and confirm with them.

Similar questions