Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

If I no longer want my insurance choice, can I go through clearing?

My firm and insurance choice offers are both BBC. If I did not get those grades but my insurance choice still offers me a place, is there any way I can still be eligible to go through clearing?
Answered by Alison Patterson
You would be contractually bound to go to the accepting university. However, you must be patient and wait for results. Your CF university might accept you.

If you are not interested in going to either your CF or CI universities you could try to get a place on another course by phoning universities direct. This will be stressful at results time as phone lines will be busy. But, if you secure an offer from another university, it should be possible to ask to be released by the CF/CI university and then you can formalise everything through UCAS.

Be patient at this stage.

Similar questions