Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Canadian applicant to UK university?

Hi I am a student going into grade 12 in Canada and would like to apply to an UK university. I am currently a little confused as to the process of applying from Canada, can you help?

Also do I get some special help from Canadian/British government in terms of paying the tuition?
Answered by Alison Patterson
If you want to study for an undergraduate degree in the UK you must apply online through UCAS:


It's the central admissions service in the UK and there's a dedicated international section on site which should be able to guide you through the process.

You are unlikely to be eligible for any UK Government funding and you will be classified as an international student for fees purposes.

There are a limited amount of bursaries and scholarships available for international students. Most universities offer their own so look at their websites for more info. These will be extremely competitive and awarded on a need or merit basis.

Similar questions