Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

I failed my last degree can I get funding for a new one?

I have failed university once and have had three years funding from student loans company, is there any way to get funding from somewhere to try a full new degree course?
Answered by Alison Patterson
You should be entitled to a fourth year from Student Finance England, but after that you will have to look at commercial bank loans. Or work and save money to finance your university tuition in the future. Or work during your university course. Or consider an Open University degree.

I'm afraid you've almost exhausted your options from the UK Government and will have to make your own provision.

Our pages on fees and finance can be found here:


Similar questions