Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Transfer to dentistry

Hi, I'm studying Dentistry in Cairo. I'm interested in transfering to a UK university. What are entry requirements? Do I need an English test if I had all my school education in the UK? I'm a british citizen, do I get any finances if I transfer as an overseas student? I have lived in the UK since I was born, but for the past 2 years I have been living in Egypt. Many thanks.
Answered by Alison Patterson

It is unusual for transfers into UK Dental Schools during the degree course. You must write direct to a few Dental Schools for their advice and recommendations. Our Choose Chooser lists all of the Dentistry courses available in the UK at:


Click on a few courses for information about contact details, entry requirements, fees and UKCAT or BMAT entrance tests.

You are likely to be classed as an international student if you have not been resident in the UK for the three years before starting university. For more information look at the UKCISA site at:


and the UK Government site at:


Hopefully this helps.


Similar questions