Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Finishing a University Degree after many years

I'm wondering if there is any information anywhere about completing a university degree 15 years after dropping out after 2 years of the course completed?

Answered by Alison Patterson
You must write to the University where you completed the first two years. They may be able to provide you with a transcript so that you can let other universities know the standard of attainment reached or they may agree to re-admit you.

I would say you need something from the original university in the form of documentary evidence and perhaps advice.

You may have to start again and go through UCAS but it is worth getting advice informally first. Call a few universities and ask them how they would view your request.

Good luck

Similar questions