Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

English resident applying to Scotland

We are British nationals and resided in Scotland for 5 years before moving to England in 2012. If my daughter gets to Scottish university next year, will she be eligible for free university tuition?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Sam,

She is likely to be treated as an English resident for student finance and funding purposes. She will apply to Student Finance England for a tuition fees loan and maintenance support. A Scottish university is likely to charge RUK (rest of the UK) tuition fees because of her residence in England for three years. The RUK fee varies from university to university but generally compares with the English tuition fee.

Good luck with your daughter's application.


Similar questions