Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for an EU passport holder, but never lived in the any EU country.

I have a Portuguese (EU) passport, but I have never lived in the EU/UK and niether have my parents. Will I pay the fees of an UK/EU citizen, or will I have to pay the fees of an international citizen?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Diana,

Residence, not citizenship, is the driver for "home" fees. So, if you have lived outside the country for three or more years prior to starting university you are likely to be classified as an international student for fees purposes.

Go to: www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Fees--fin.../


Similar questions