/

Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Student loans in the US

I have received a 60 per cent athletic scholarship from a US university and was wondering if it is possible to get a loan for the other 40 per cent?
Your best bet may be to contact the Fulbright Commission. They specialise in facilitating UK residents going abroad to study in the US. From a quick search on their site it looks as though it may be possible to get further scholarships via the university you're planning to attend. US universities and colleges tend to award funding based on a students financial need among other criteria. Take a look:
www.fulbright.org.uk/study-in-the-usa/undergraduat...g

Loans from the US government are possible for international students but appear to be very competitive:
www.fulbright.org.uk/study-in-the-usa/undergraduat...s

Read about studying in the US and the universities themselves here:
www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/international.../

Similar questions