Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Can you restudy at a university where you failed a course?

Can you restudy at a university where you failed a course? I failed my business study course but I want to go back to university because I found a different career-path in law. My previous university offers that course. Would they consider my application?
Answered by Alison Patterson
It is possible to start afresh. You will have to apply through UCAS at www.ucas.com. You will have to disclose your previous educational history including your failed undergraduate year. This may not be a disadvantage if you meet the entrance requirements for the new course you wish to study and you can show that you are unlikely to repeat the mistakes made in your first attempt. You should approach the university you are interested in and check before applying if they will consider you for a different course.

Similar questions