Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for an Australian citizen applying to a Scottish university

Would I be eligible for home fees being an Australian citizen with a British passport planning to relocate permanently to the UK? Is there a period of residency in the UK required for eligibility?

Is it possible for a non-Scottish born resident to utilise the SAAS system of funding?
It depends on when you return to the UK. Residency is awarded after three years, then you would be eligible for UK tuition fees and funding.

In order to gain eligibility for SAAS funding, you would most likely have to reside in Scotland for that period.

More info here: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/university-tu.../

Similar questions