Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Eligibility for UK fees after 3–5 years living in London

Currently I am working in Singapore. If I move to London and work there for the next 3–5 yrs, will my son be eligible for UK university fees? Rather than be considered an international student?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Fees status tends to be based on residence and the minimum requirement is 3 years residency prior to applying to university if you have "settled" status.

"Settled" means being both ordinarily resident in the UK and without any immigration restriction on the length of your stay in the UK. The regulations refer to immigration law for the definition of 'settled'.

For more information check the UKCISA site at

Similar questions