Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Maintenance grant or loan for UK National resident in France applying to Scottish University.

My son is a UK National (English) but has been a French resident for 11 years. Would he be entitled to a maintenance grant or loan if he is accepted by a Scottish University?
Answered by Alison Patterson
The rules can be found on the SAAS website. Go to

He may be eligible for an EU Tuition fees only award. I recommend that you speak to SAAS using the details on this page:

Similar questions