Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Funding for international students in the UK

I have been living in the UK for 7 years. I have applied to universities and they have categorised me as an 'overseas' student.
I now have to pay a fee of an £11000/year to Manchester Metropolitan University.
Can you please tell me if there are any funding options available for me?
I'm afraid you are not entitled to government funding.

Your best bet is to start by contacting your own government's department of education and finding out what funding (if any) is available for students going abroad.

Specialist organisations such as the British Council will be able to provide information about relevant schemes: www.britishcouncil.org/

Manchester Metropolitan University also awards scholarships to international students: www2.mmu.ac.uk/international/scholarships/

Remember competition for scholarships will be very tough.

Are you sure you don't qualify for UK home fees? Have a careful read through of this UKCISA page: www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Fees--fin.../

Similar questions