Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

British passport holder in Cambodia, wants to know residency requirements

17 year old British passport holder who has grown up in Cambodia (British father) wishes to apply for Uni place in England. Has family here, and wishes to study medicine.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Dear Deirdre,

Anyone can apply to study for an undergraduate degree course in the UK if they meet the entry requirements for the course. Applications are made online through UCAS at www.ucas.com

The list of Medicine courses in the UK is at:

There is a six year option with a Foundation year for those not having the necessary combination of subjects.

It is often necessary to take an entrance test online – the BMAT or UKCAT (read more here: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/courses/medic.../).

If you have been resident outside the UK for the three years prior to starting university you are likely to be classified as an international student for tuition fees.

Look at:

I hope this helps!


Similar questions