Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for an English part-time mature student living and working in Scotland, self-funding a second degree

I am working in an architectural practice and studying architecture part-time in England. I plan to move to Glasgow next year and transfer to Glasgow School of Art and continue to work and study part-time. As this is my second degree I am not eligible for student finance and am self-funding. Will I pay £9000/yr because I am English, or £1820 because I will be resident in Scotland (not purely for educational purposes)?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Mary,

I think you should check with GSA or SAAS.

I cannot find any fees for part-time courses on the GSA website.

(There is a name and contact details at the foot of this page -
Fiona Blair in the Finance Office on +44(0) 141 353 4579 or f.blair@gsa.ac.uk)

or contact SAAS at:

I am not sure if you are transferring to GSA for the postgraduate stage of the course or whether you will be moving as an undergraduate. I really think you need to talk to the GSA to clarify this!

Hopefully your problem will be sorted soon!


Similar questions