Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

UK Tier 4 Student visa rejection in 2011, wants to return to UK as Tier 4 Student

I was a Tier 4 student in UK from 2009 to 2011 doing my level 4 diploma studies.

When the diploma finished, I applied for Level 7 course while being in London. Unfortunately, I didn't get an approval for another Tier 4 Visa as I didn't have my birth certificate from India to prove my relationship with my father (financial sponsor from India).

I made 2 appeals, due to which I ended up extending my stay by 3 months. Upon receiving a letter from UKBA to either make another appeal or leave the country within the specified time, I left UK and came back to India in November 2011.

I now want to go back as a Tier 4 student on Level 7. I have all the visa rejection papers from UKBA, Birth certificate from India and enough money. I just want to know, will it be any problem to go back as a student this time as I overstayed my last visa by 3 months?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Asif,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately we cannot advise on visas, and we suggest that you look at the UKCISA website:

and the UK Government site:


Best of luck with everything!


Similar questions