Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Transfer student, dentistry, biology

I'm going to be going to American University in Lebanon for 1 year with a Biology Major, I was planning on doing 3 years with Bio and then going graduate in dentistry in Canada or America.

I've now decided that going to the UK for dentistry may save some time, however can't apply anymore for autumn entry. Is it possible to transfer into dentistry in the UK like this? And would any of my credits count? Or is there a chance I can transfer to another semester?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi there,

Unfortunately it's unlikely that you will be able to transfer into the course. You must apply online through UCAS at www.ucas.com

It may still be possible to put in an application for 2016 entry. You would need to contact universities directly as soon as possible to find out if they could consider a late application from you.

You may also need to take the UKCAT or BMAT (read more here: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/courses/medic.../).

The list of courses is at:

Please remember that you shouldn't rush into a quick decision – this requires careful consideration!


Similar questions