Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for english resident who is a pupil at scottish borders school

We live in North Northumberland very close to the Scottish Border. My son attends a high school in Eyemouth in Scotland, but we live in England. Myself and my husband are both Scottish. Please advice if fees are applicable for university courses in Scotland?
Answered by Alison Patterson

Interesting question! You are resident in England, therefore I believe your son would apply to Student Finance England for student funding and will be treated as a RUK student if he attends university in Scotland.

Look at:

It might be worth checking with SAAS at:

I would suggest phoning them as they will be able to clarify the situation once and for all.

Best of luck with your son's application!


Similar questions