Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Climbing courses in the UK

Are there any universities that do climbing courses, and may offer a climbing scholarship?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Matt,

There are no universities that offer a degree in climbing. You would need to look at courses in Sports Science:


or Leisure/tourism:


If you wanted to do climbing at university as an extra curricular activity, that's a definite possibility. You need to check university websites. I am not an expert but I'd start with the universities surrounding the Peak District - Sheffield, Nottingham, Loughborough and Manchester universities, for example. But of course there will be options in Scotland and Wales too.

Hope this helps!


Similar questions