Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Foreign student eligible for a local fee

I want to know whether my son is eligible for a local fee. This is provided that he will be starting his GCSE plus A level (expected 3 years to go), and his visa status is tier two?
Answered by Alison Patterson

The general rule is that if you are a resident (home address in the UK) for the three years before starting university you may be eligible for home fees. But we cannot say for sure as we do not know the full details, nor are we experts about visas.

I suggest you look at the UKCISA website:


and the Government website at:


Hope you can find what you're looking for.


Similar questions