Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for an Italian student who lives in the UK

Hello, I am Italian and I have lived in Italy for 18 years. However, in August 2014 I moved to the UK. I am currently studying at college and I am looking at going to university. Will I be eligible for student finance if I apply for University in 2017?
Will I have to apply as an EU student? Kind regards.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Stefano,

You need to have been a resident for three years (not including education). I suggest you contact Student Finance England. It's possible that you will be treated as an EU student if the only reason for living in the UK for the past three years was for education.

Go to:

Good luck.


Similar questions