Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

British Citizen in Australia studying in the UK

I am nearly finishing secondary school here in Australia, and I was wondering if I would be able to apply overseas to a university in the UK without being classified as an international student, for I am a British citizen.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Shaznay,

If you have been living outside the UK for the last three years you are likely to be classed as an international student. Residence is more relevant than citizenship.

Look at:



Similar questions