Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Transfer UK to Australia

Hi. I am starting university in the UK this September but plan to move to Australia on a partner visa (de-facto) after 2 years of my course. I know I can transfer using my credits. I would like to know if when transferring, I would be able to have a gap year to get settled in Australia or would I have to begin uni straight away?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Rosa,

You would need to contact some Australian universities to ask how they would treat you. If you have a university in mind it would be worth contacting them as soon as possible.

Good luck!


Similar questions