Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

EU fees

I am currently completing my first year of university at an American institution, and am looking to transfer to a UK university. I am a Canadian citizen and I hold EU citizenship through my father who lives in Germany. Will I be eligible to pay EU fees since my father lives in the EU?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Sarah,

Your fees status will depend on your residence. If you have been living outside the UK for the last three years, you are likely to be considered an international student.

Please look at the UKCISA website at:


Hope this helps!


Similar questions