Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Changing the insurance choice

If the student made his firm and insurance choices more than 14 days ago, and declined all his other offers. Now he wants to replace the insurance choice with one of the choices he has declined. How should he go about making this change?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Nilay,

He must contact the university he mistakenly declined and ask if they would allow him to change his mind. If the proposed new CI is agreeable it would be necessary to contact UCAS. Given that it is outside the "cooling-off" period I'm not sure how this will be received.

The student needs to achieve success with his CF!

Good luck,


Similar questions