Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

University transfer

Kindly advise whether there is any mechanism in place where my boss' son can continue with his studies where he has left off in South Africa, or whether he has to start afresh in the UK.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Laurika,

University transfer is very unusual in the UK.

He could approach a few universities direct to see if his experience could be compatible. Because most UK undergraduate degrees are lockstep, so my guess is that he might be better off starting from the beginning.

Application to UK undergraduate degree courses is online through UCAS at www.ucas.com.

Hope this helps!


Similar questions