Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

fees for Scottish resident if parent moves

My daughter and I have lived in Scotland for 12 years. If she chooses to attend a Scottish University but I re-locate due to work, will she still be eligible for free tuition?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Joanne,

You have to have been living in Scotland for the three years prior to starting university.

Look at:



If your job relocation takes you out of the UK and is for a temporary period only, there may be an argument for Scotland remaining the ordinary residence.

I hope this helps!


Similar questions