Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Eligibility of non UK student

Is it possible for a non-UK passport holder to complete an online higher education access course in Australia, with a view to applying for a UK university course and studying in the UK the following year? If not, what is the best plan for obtaining UK university entry for a mature Australian student?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Christine,

If you have non-standard education qualifications but have work experience, it is likely that your case will need to be considered on its merits. I suggest you write to a few UK universities setting out your qualifications and experience to date and asking what you need to do to gain admission. If you plan to take an online Australian access course you must ask universities if they will accept the particular qualification.

Are you currently living in Australia? If you are living in the UK you can take an Access to HE course in a local College. But first you need to check whether you need to take the Access course at all. You haven't given me very much information and anyway, it would be advisable to contact a few universities. Different universities will have different policies.

To study for a first degree in the UK, you need to decide which course you want to study and you will be able to choose five universities. Check before applying that you know you meet entry requirements.

Application is through UCAS at www.ucas.com

I hope this helps!


Similar questions