Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Applying from overseas

I move around a lot because of my parents's work. I would like to know if it is possible to get into university as I have no constant syllabus that I have been following throughout high school. I started off with Cambridge but left my home country before I could get an O Level certificate, and then I lived in South Africa where I followed the Matric course. But I left before I could get the Matric certificate, and now I live in the UAE, and will be doing the GED and SATs programme for my final year. Will I be able to get into a university in the UK with these courses despite my situation?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Tapiwa,

I think you will need more than online test results. If you are presenting US qualifications you might be required to achieve results in AP exams.

Please refer to the university websites for individual course entry requirements or write to a few universities.

My advice is to take A levels or APs.

Hope this works out for you,


Similar questions