Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for an international student

I am currently a student at the University of St Andrews. I am a British national. I will be graduating next year, after attending university for 4 years. I was classified as an International Student at St Andrews, because my parents have been living overseas. However, I am based in the United Kingdom and I am wanting to reapply for a Law Degree in Scotland once I graduate, will I be able to apply with home status?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Septiyana,

Do your parents still live out of the country? Generally, residence is the main criterion (not citizenship). So, as I think you have realised, it depends whether your four years as a student at St Andrews University count as residence.
Can you informally talk to staff at St Andrews for their advice?
The other potential issue is the rule about previous study.

You can contact SAAS (for Scotland)


I think this may be the best source of information. Good luck.


Similar questions