Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for a non-EU student whose parent has ILR

My dad has Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK, but I have a limited visa and will be over 18 when my course at a university starts. Would I be regarded as an overseas student? Is there any possible way that I can be considered as a home student?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Nirajan,

Please look at the UKCISA website at:


and the UK Government website at:


I am not an expert on visas but I believe you will probably be liable to pay the international fee. Have you been living in the UK for the last three years?



Similar questions