Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Home fee option for a British expatriate

I hold a British passport and am currently doing my high schooling in the USA. I would like to attend college in the UK starting fall of 2018. Am I eligible for the home fee option? Do we expect any changes in the rules especially after the recent referendum and Britain's exit from the European Union?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Yohan,

Residence is more relevant than citizenship, so if you have been living outside the UK for the three years prior to starting university it is likely that you will be considered an international student for fees purposes.

Look at the UKCISA website:




Similar questions