Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

UK citizen from Australia

Would there be an up front fee for a UK citizen returning to the UK from Australia, after 9 years?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Sam,

You are likely to be classed as an international student for fees purposes as residence is more relevant than citizenship.

Look at the UKCISA website:




Best of luck to you,


Similar questions