Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Student loans for mature students

Are you eligible for a student loan if you have a degree from Australia and dual citizenship?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi James,

If you have been living outside the UK for the three years prior to starting university, you will probably be classed as an international student as residence, not citizenship, governs student finance eligibility.

Look at:




Best of luck,


Similar questions