Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Transferring with a degree from the UK

I am getting my undergraduate degree in the USA but I am from Spain. I want to go to medical school, but would like to do it in the UK or another European country. What are my options? Would my undergraduate degree transfer? Would I still have to go through the entire process like high school graduates?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Mia,

You will have to apply through UCAS at www.ucas.com.

However, there are graduate entry (accelerated) courses. Look at:


I see that not every course on this list is for a MBBS or MBChB, which is what you are looking for. So, take care.

Click on individual courses for further details about entry requirements etc. You will likely have to take the UKCAT or BMAT.

The list of normal length medicine courses is at:


I would advise you to contact a few Medical Schools before applying to check whether your US degree is acceptable for the Graduate Entry degree course.

Hope this helps,


Similar questions