Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees if parents move

I have started university, and my parents are thinking about moving to Canada. What happens to my eligibility for loans and what happens to fees if they move?
Answered by Cicely Oliver
Hi William, your eligibility for your tuition fee loan depends upon your nationality or residential status, e.g. see Student Finance England here:


If you're still concerned, have a chat with someone in your university.

Best wishes.

Similar questions