Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Studying law in the UK

If I study law in the UK, will I have the possibility to work as a lawyer in the UK, Italy or maybe other countries? I want to focus on intellectual property.
Tags: careers
Answered by Cicely Oliver
Hello Alessia,

You don't say if you want to study law at undergraduate or postgraduate level. However, if you want to study in England, there are law courses offered by UK universities which combine English and Italian law, with a year abroad. See this example at the University of Kent:


You will have to work through those universities offering law to see which combine with Italian law, and the focus on intellectual property. Check CUG's course chooser:

www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/courses/searc...w; and the UCAS website: www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/choosing-course.

A quick Google shows that such courses are offered at: Oxford, Canterbury, Bangor, Swansea and Kent among others. In Scotland the University of Strathclyde offers a similar course.

Best wishes.

Similar questions