Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for Greek citizen residing in USA temporarily

My daughter has been accepted at the City of Glasgow College. She is a Greek citizen, but due to my contracted temporary work assignment in the USA, has been living outside the EU for 5 years. SAAS denied her EU status for university fees despite maintaining our home, paying taxes and returning to Greece frequently. How can I appeal this decision?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Kate,

There is probably no repeal. Fees status is based on residence not citizenship.



If you can prove that your daughter was unavoidably and temporarily resident in the US because of a parent's employment it may be possible to argue that her ordinary residence remained Greece. Look at:




Good luck,


Similar questions