Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Transferring universities for third year

Is it possible to transfer to a different university after completing the first and second years at another university?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Shannon,

It is up to the admitting university. You can approach university departments with your full educational history. Transfers are possible but a transfer into the third year of a course in the UK is not usual.

You can try by ringing a few departments.

Good luck,


Similar questions