Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for British citizen living in Malta

I am a British citizen living in Malta. I lived in England for four years before moving and hold a British passport. My parents own property and pay tax in England. Am I eligible for home fees at a university in the uk and if not what could I do to make me eligible?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Serena,

You need to have been resident in the UK for the three years prior to starting university in order to qualify for Home fees status.

Look at:






Residence is more relevant than citizenship as I think it is a matter of where the family's taxes have been paid.

I hope this helps.


Similar questions