Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Applying with NVQ level 3

In August I will get my AS results in 4 subjects and I'm hoping to pass 3. If I don't continue and finish my A levels and instead do an apprenticeship, gaining an NVQ level 3 (as a planning technician), can I still get into university and study Town Planning? Which unis accept NVQ?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Caitlin,

The list of UK undergraduate courses in town Planning is at:


Pick a few universities, click on them, check the entry requirements. If this does not answer your question use the contact details to write or phone or follow the link to the university website for more details. The UCAS search tool is quite clear about BTECs.

Good luck!


Similar questions