Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for a British citizen living in Pakistan

I'm a British citizen living in Pakistan, but now I want to move back to my hometown (Glasgow). I want to know if anyone has an idea who I contact about fee status, as I'm not an international student. It's a complicated and rare situation and I'm not getting any answers. Thank you.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello there,

Fees status is not determined by citizenship; it is to do with residence.

Look at:




Generally, you need to have been resident in Scotland for the three years prior to starting university in order to qualify for Home fees.

Contact SAAS at:




Similar questions