Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Switching courses and departments

I'm studying Electronics for my bachelor's degree, but I am currently achieving less than 65% in my grades. I'm interested in Arts & Design, and I want to switch completely for my master's degree. Is that possible, or is a background in Art mandatory?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Vikas,

You must contact Art departments in universities. It is an unusual change which would need explanation.

University websites usually give full details about course content, entry requirements etc. It is necessary to do your research carefully!

Good luck,


Similar questions