Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Can I go through Adjustment?

Is it possible to go through Adjustment after your Conditional Firm choice has rejected you?
I applied during a gap year and I have an unconditional offer from my insurance choice, but I'm not happy with it. Could I keep it and try and rule out other possible options?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Ostap,

You cannot go into Clearing or Adjustment holding an offer. You would need to decline your insurance offer.

You could try to contact a few universities to get a place on a course informally before declining the insurance offer and going through the formalities with UCAS.

You could phone as soon as you receive your results.

Universities are always looking for stellar students so if your results are good you may be fortunate.

Good luck!


Similar questions