Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Loan from UK GOV for EU citizen

Hello, I want to study at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, MSc Finance. I am from Greece (an EU citizen), and I want to ask you if I am eligible to apply for the £10,000 loan from the UK government.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Alex,

The rules for Scotland are different to those for England. Please look at the SAAS website:




I suggest you contact Strathclyde Uni or contact SAAS at:


The UK Government loan (www.gov.uk/postgraduate-loan/eligibility) is not relevant to Scotland, but I think Scotland has loans that you may qualify for.

Good luck!


Similar questions