Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Holding a deferred offer

I currently hold a deferred offer to start uni in September 2016. However, due to a change of circumstance I do not think I want to go to this university. I have contacted another university that I would like to go to and they have said they would give me a place starting Sept 2016 (I have this in writing). How would I go about changing universities, would I have to make a brand new application via UCAS?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Fred,

The new, accepting university should be able to help you, but failing that you should call UCAS on: 0371 468 0 468.

Look at: www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us

The formalities need to be completed by UCAS. It should be straightforward. You will need to be released by the first university. UCAS will advise you.

Good luck,


Similar questions